Sunday, June 19, 2011

he is not gone (a poem for father's day)

well, i think you are wrong.
*my* daddy never went to heaven.
he's right here and he always will be.
he is in my blood,
and he is in my children's blood.
and everytime i look at my children,
i can see him in them.

how sad for you that your dead people hated living here
so much that they leave and never come back
my daddy is with the ancestors now.
maybe you can't hear the voices of your ancestors
like i do, but they are in you, too.
in your blood.
if you are afraid to see yourself, who you really are,
you will never ever know your ancestors.
because they are you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's something in that.

Very occasionally, when I've just spoken, I get a deja vu that I'd just heard my dad speak. It made me sad at one time but one gets used to such things.

Cheers,
Papillon

Anonymous said...

so true !!

your vision secures me.


claude

Anonymous said...

I have come to the point of believing, that the non-physical is a dimensional layer of the "here and now" that we know while incarnated. My loved ones don't go to a place called heaven but they are there in my heart's mind. I believe they are "here" too, even if I can't see them with my physical eyes. And I do "hear" them sometimes in communications that my physical ears don't hear but that are real to me, never-the-less. Hugs. What a beautiful tribute you have made with this poem !! Deb Yemm